Sunday, October 12, 2008

An envelope on the mat...

Slipped under the door of the garage. My name on it in written in scrawled longhand.

A hold it for a while.

I start to open it... and then set it down.

I sit and look over at Lego Man.

Josh comes in - without talking or asking he sits on his chair by the door - digs into his pockets for his smokes and picks up the envelope.

"This is cool - you know - you should take one of your photos of it."

"Why?"

"It's abstract"

"When did you last sleep?"

I took the photo.


There was a letter inside.

"Observation for Cornelius

In the ‘real world’ there are many rules and regulations. Society requires that you place yourself within a certain group or else be considered an outsider. But there’s a genuine and sincere need for an authentic self and it’s further growth and development.


To be continued... thank you.

Ego"

Josh tells me that Ego is the artist's name. Somehow I'm not surprised.

It doesn't mean anything to me - nothing about his work does - other than the fact that I'm being payed.

No comments: