Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Ego has taken Lego Man off to sea in a fishing boat...


... and left me with £3,000 which is pretty nice considering... well considering that my man Josh had said I would only be getting a grand... which makes me suspect.

Anyway's a found out why he wanted it to be hollow...

He turned up by Taxi, gave me some money and then asked if I could do him one small favour. ... so, we shifted the figure into the back of my van and I drove him to the Marina.

There we were met by two weather beathen men in their 40s and a youngish woman with a clipboard who gave off the air of being someone's PA. They put Lego on a trolley and pushed him away while Ego and I walked down to the boats.

"What are you going to do with him?" "Float him. Float him so that people may dream." "Ah-ha" "I write on him, well the girl she will put writing on him, a message to whoever finds him." "Oh". "No Real Than You Are" "What?" "No Real Than You Are" (he's a little annoyed by having to repeat himself) "Doesn't make sense." "Does life?"

"No"

And they take the Lego Man away from me, they put him onto a boat and take him away.

Ego holds me by my shoulders. He looks into my eyes. I am a little frightened but he is an artist so I let him. He pulls me to his chest and hugs me. Warmly. He holds me...

... for a little bit too long.

I swear he puts his head on my shoulder.

And then just as I'm about to say something he breaks his grasp and I swear he is crying.

"So important..." he seems to say.

"Something for you" and he gives me a photo and then he leaves. He turns and steps onto the boat...

To sail off into the night and I'm left holding this photo... and I'm a little confused...

No comments: