Sunday, October 26, 2008

Beautiful Firetree


We were out walking, Lucinda and I, in Queens Park... you know just round the pond and getting the air.... I'm not working so much so you know... I need to get out.

This autumn the trees have been beautiful, magnificent colours, reds, yellows and oranges... I think it's something to do with all the rain that fell and then the Indian summer.

I stopped under this one tree and started to fumble for my camera. I wanted to go right under it and capture the brilliant red leaves against the sky.

And I took a picture and then looked over at Lucinda and she was crying. I mean it. Really crying... and she wouldn't say why.

Well she did - she said - "It's just so sad."

But not to me. Under her breath.

And she just walked on hands in pocket and I thought it was something I had done and I tried to apologise and she kissed me. Hard. With passion and lust and desperation. And I could taste her tears and I didn't understand but you know I didn't mind.

I didn't mind at all... her eyes were filled with tears and she looked at me in a way that made me forget it all...

And we went home.

No comments: