Sunday, September 21, 2008

The artist.

The artist visited today. I was nearly done with the job - the figure stands at 8ft. I've grown fond of him.

The artist arrived and walked into the garage. He's in his thirties. Dense Dutch accent. He looked at the figure closely - it's yellow with a green torso and red legs. As requested.

The artist came in unannounced. He was with Josh, but for once Josh didn't seem to be there. I think... I think he didn't care for him... I mean care about him. He didn't care if he even existed.

In fact I kind of felt as if he had come to see me. To check me over after he had checked the Lego man.

He me up and down and smiled and then we looked at each other in silence.

"Thank you" he said.

I smiled.

And then he shook my hand and pull me into him... close... intimate. I could smell him - a sour smell - or cheese and loneliness.

"Flickerman est doof"

"Pardon".

"Ah-ha-ha-ha", and he winked, tapped his nose, and left.

Josh looked embarassed.

That isn't normal.

No comments: