Monday, August 18, 2008

Loop de Loop

There was a Festival in town the other day, near the Pavilion, electronic music and local bands and the like. I'd put myself forward to get a DJ slot but was only offered the opportunity to play a 'click-house' set in a ice cream van with speakers outside it. Got us free passes anyway so I shouldn't complain too bitterly, even if it was at 12pm and my only audience was a two year and a drunk Scotsman in combat fatigues.


The afterparty dragged on endlessly and then thanks to Lucinda's endless enthusiasm for filling our house with wasters ended up back at ours. I hid in bed, covers over my head, unable to sleep... when I got up to have a slash I checked the living room and there was Josh and Lucinda in a corner, talking as per usual, having one of their little tete a tetes - only this time Josh was crying. Wiping tears with his cuffs... and... this is the oddest thing... I swear Lucinda was taking a picture of his tears. On her camera phone. Close up.

I enter the room and for a beat everyone stops - they stop talking, bullshitting, skinning up, bragging, monging and sagging in their seats. Everyone takes a beat and then carries on.

And I am frankly I am deeply and profoundly freaked out.

So I go for a piss and then hide in bed.

No comments: