Sunday, June 29, 2008

Strangest Thing Happened Today

I haven't really updated this blog for a while but the strange thing happened today.. Lucinda and I were walking through Kemp Town, it had been raining and we left a pub... I was whinging about getting wet and she did her usual "oh it won't rain" act... and we took off...

And then I noticed something - a little picture on a wall - a little tiny picture of two figures in red and blue standing next to each other and they were standing beside a hole - a hole in the wall - the figures looked like stencils - square shouldered and pictographic stencils - just a little bit of street art.

So I crouched down to look at them and she was giving me all this what are you doing business but for once I had the urge to look in the hole... it was very powerful.... I wanted to put my hand in the hole... reach in and like... find out what was in there... like it was inviting.

Anyway the hand goes in and Lucinda is complaning and I feel something plastic, like a cylinder, a round plastic cylinder about two inches long...

And I pull out this little fella -just in there waiting for me... how d'ya like that...


Lucinda though just arched any eyebrow when I pulled this here dougal out and just asked if we could go home... no surprise... no curiosity... just "aha... can we go home now..."

1 comment:

Cornelius Zane-Grey said...

Stranger and stranger - apparently this hole has a following in online - I kind of want to revisit it... like an old friend and see what other gifts she has waiting for me...

Check this...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lomokev/2808320184/